Rehab to Home
While Baton Rouge Health Care Center still provides traditional long term care, many individuals who turn to us for care, complete the rehabilitation – physicial therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy – that they need to gain strength and endurance to return home successfully. Our fully-equipped rehabilitation gym is staffed by physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists. While many residents are able to return home, our goal is to get each individual functioning at their highest level and capability.
A Lifestyle-oriented Approach to Therapy
At Baton Rouge Health Care Center, we strive to create therapy programs that aim to prepare you for your return home. We tailor our therapy programs specific to each individual’s preferences, abilities, and specific functional needs. We’re proud that this approach has led to a 59% rehab to home rate over the past year.
Our Therapy team is always looking for ways to improve our services. Here are some examples of how our therapy team goes above and beyond in providing engaging and effective therapy to our patients:
- Our Therapy Department is working on balance and strength through bike rides out in the beautiful weather.
- Therapy uses the many talents of our gentlemen to build a flower box and a corn hole game.
- Our residents and therapy team helps to paint our corn hole box while working on core strength.
Physical Therapy Addresses:
- Loss of balance
- Increasing strength
- Reducing pain
- Chronic wounds
- Improving endurance
Occupational Therapy Addresses:
- Eating, dressing & bathing skills
- Meal preparation
- Increasing strength & coordination
- Transitional skills
Speech Therapy Addresses:
- Swallowing & eating
- Speech & communication skills
- Memory & orientation
- Cognitive ability